...

Saturday 27 December 2014

A Modern Way to Eat // Anna Jones


Hello lovely people! I've decided to be a bit simpler with my blogging as it'll be easier to keep it up alongside my currently very busy life!! SO, I will post what I want, when I want, and worry less about structure, etc - less is more, right? 

So anyway... In this post is about A Modern Way to Eat by Anna Jones, a gift I received from my partner's dad and it's truly wonderful.

It's a vegetarian book which is fabulous because I've struggled to find good, big vegetarian books that aren't the kind of cheap cook books you find in pound stores. This one is very different. Anna Jones has worked closely with Jamie Oliver and I love his rustic style of cooking whilst keeping appearance at the heart of the dish, and his recommendation of the book is featured on the front cover so it must be perfect for me.

What's slightly different about Anna's cook book is obviously that it's vegetarian, but also that her cooking tries to stick to wholefoods, considers the effect on the planet and also tries to fit in with modern, busy lives.

One great thing about this book, is that it doesn't just give you a recipe and tell you to follow it to the letter, but it shows you how to combine flavours and colours and textures to perfect your own unique dishes. How to use seasonal vegetables, which herbs suit which flavours, which cooking oils to use, etc, etc. 

So it's really quite wonderful! It's full of incredible, colourful, foreign and adventurous dishes AND shows you how to create your own using the ingredients and herbs and flavours that you love!

I would totally recommend!

Thank you for reading my post!

Courtney Ella x

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!

You may also like