...

Tuesday 17 February 2015

HEALTHY PROTEIN PANCAKES


HAPPY PANCAKE DAY!

So I know this recipe is very belated as you've already all made your pancakes, so please forgive me... And try them out on the weekend! Weekends are 10000X fuelled by breakfast pancakes??

I had these as brunch and they were yummy-scrumptious.

For these I used PB2 white chocolate protein peanut butter for this recipe, but a healthy nut butter would work too as it's naturally high in protein! I also used a gluten-free flour which is cheap enough to pick up in your local supermarket! For even more protein, you can add flax or chia seeds for a natural protein boost, or some protein powder for the protein-enthusiasts.

You will need:

  • 100g gluten free flour
  • 2 medium-sized eggs
  • 3 tablespoons protein nut butter
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • Coconut oil
  • Fat-free natural yogurt to serve
Steps:
  1. Mix all of the ingredients - I did this with a hand blender, otherwise you'll struggle to mix the nut butter evenly.
  2. Heat the coconut oil in a pan (about 3/4 of a teaspoon) for a little while on a medium heat and add about 3 tablespoons of pancake mixture.
  3. Cook as you would a normal pancake, using a spatula to flip until golden-brown.
  4. Serve up with your favourite topping and enjoy a protein-boosting treat!
I had some with natural yogurt and a drizzle of honey, and also had some heated with banana slices and a little honey. Both were super good! And microwave re-heating worked surprisingly well! I hope you enjoy!

Courtney xx

2 comments :

  1. What an interesting idea! I love that there are only four steps! Thanks for recommending!

    thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with pancakes at the moment will definitely have to try these!
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award over on my blog if you would like to join in :)
    www.theturquoisedoor.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!

You may also like