...

Wednesday 14 January 2015

OUR TRIP TO BERLIN!



SO this is a little late, but I thought I'd share with you what was a wonderful trip to Berlin that me and Philip went on in December, as I'm adding a new 'travel' section!

So in the Christmassy spirit we thought we'd take a trip to the heart of Christmas markets, BERLIN! (Not only was it the heart of markets, The Mall of Berlin was the most incredible place EVER and they had a food court with about 50 independent foreign cuisines and it was amazing! I had the most amazing vegetarian Thai food which is shown to the right here (mmmmm!!).

Unfortunately, as a non meat eater, I couldn't really eat any typical German food which is mostly sausages of some kind.

We did a lot of the historical/touristy stuff like TV Tower, Checkpoint Charlie and the museum, went into the Reichstag, the Jewish War Memorial, walked the Berlin Wall, visited Brandenburg Gates, saw Hitler's Bunker, the Berlinerdom and did lots and lots of Christmas market shopping, eating and drinking!



It was cold. REALLY COLD. About -4 degrees Celsius, but when you're walking around in it all day that is super duper cold.

And then TV Tower! My favourite part!! It's so, so beautiful at night! So we savored the moment and had a drink at TV Tower bar.

 

AND THE SHOPPING!! - OUT OF THIS WORLD!




That stall was the most beautiful thing!! Such a shame I couldn't have brought back those lamps on the plane :( I bought plenty of goodies though!

We stayed in Hotel Amano and it was looooovely!


You can see Philip being grumpy because he wants to eat his breakfast in peace without the camera in his face hehe.


The Berlin Wall! Ok, after walking along the Berlin wall in -6 degrees Celsius, we did stop for a Dunkin' Donuts (my first ever).


And I loved this little quote...


And here we are looking very cold in a trainstation somewhere... We must've taken 50 undergrounds/trains/trams! But that was all part of the fun (even getting death threats by a drunken German man who wanted to fight us because he thought we were laughing at him. Though we were actually laughing at how the tram moved like a snake... But the language barrier couldn't quite get that across...)


We also visited a bar where you pour your own beer at the table and it counts up the amount and you just pay at the end! How cool? But neither me or Philip drink beer so we thought tequila was the next most adventurous thing hehe.

 

So that was our trip to Berlin! AND THIS WEEK WE'RE BOOKING TICKETS TO SINGAPORE AHHH SO EXCITING! I'll keep you guys posted!

Courtney and Philip x

2 comments :

  1. That is a big tree and the shopping centre looks amazing. May have to add Berlin on the list of places I'd like to visit. I really like that quote too! Looks like you had a brilliant time.

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the biggest Christmas tree I've ever seen! The shopping center was just... Sigh... Indescribable! There were 49 different places to eat and try global cuisines! AHh just amazing! You must go!! It's a fairly cheap trip too! I've got more travel stuff on my new travel page too = http://www.courtneyella.co.uk/p/travel.html

      Courtney x

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments!

You may also like