...

Saturday 3 January 2015

My first meal from 'A Modern Way to Eat' // Anna Jones


This 'Seeded bread and roast tomato soup' is absolutely delicious yet so simple!

First you roast about 3 medium, vine tomatoes with a chopped garlic clove, some fresh basil, sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, and then on the stove you add some more basil, a little more salt and a 400g tin of good quality organic plum tomatoes and some water which will evaporate off after a while. You mix this together and then simmer for about 20 minutes to allow all of the flavours to come out. And then that's it! You just add pieces of seeded bread, a little more basil and a drizzle of olive oil over the top and then that's it, it's ready to enjoy. It takes a little while to prepare and cook in total, but it's so worth it for the flavour you get at the end. And this made two dinner portions.

This is the first recipe I have tried from the book and I really can't wait to try the others. This vegetarian recipe book is incredible and I've written a separate post about it which you can read by clicking here (and I recommend you do - it's so wonderful)!!

Courtney x

2 comments :

  1. This sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it out and I may have to look about getting the book.

    nimblenote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best tomato soup I've ever eaten! Not only this, but the book teaches you how to put flavours together yourself and essentially has 1000 soup recipe combinations. Mine was a Christmas gift, but it's £17 on Amazon for the hardcover which is actually really reasonable as stores sell it for £25. Even for £25 I think it would be worth every penny! I hope you enjoy!! Let me know if you try this recipe.

      Courtney :)

      Delete

I LOVE reading your comments!

You may also like